Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Week 37...let's get this party started!

I have to admit that since I had Andrew on the exact beginning of my 37th week, I was kind of thinking that this week would be IT for Edmund to come. I was wrong and so sad. It has been hard sleeping because of the constant bathroom breaks as well as the pain of all the weight. It isn't like pain pain, but it is more like pressure pain. It still doesn't feel good and allow for lots of sleep. I was hoping that when I went to my Sept. 25th appointment, the doctor would magically say, "let's get that baby out today." Of course, I would agree, and it would be all over. That didn't happen. When I got to the doctor's office, I weighed a wopping 162.4. Can I get any bigger? On the monitor, I was having consistent contractions, but they seemed more like Braxton Hicks, since they weren't predictable or ending at times. It just seemed like a really bad backache that was always there. I told the doctor about the burning feeling I was having, but if I wasn't also feeling itching feelings, I didn't need to worry. I trusted her, since the burning felt more like tearing than an infection. Luckily, the burning only lasted a week, so I knew by the 38th week that it wasn't an infection. The doctor had told me that my Group B strep test (the swab test taken at 36 weeks) came back positive. I guess this is just something that happens to some women, though it didn't happen with Andrew. I just need to let the hospital know that it was a positive result so that I can get antibiotics when I get to the hospital before I deliver. That way, the baby will be safe, and the infection/bacteria/stuff wouldn't pass on to the baby. This was a bit out-of-the-ordinary to hear and also a bit concerning to me, but again, I had to trust my doctor that everything would be okay. There wasn't anything I could do about it anyway. Dr. H checked me and said that I was 90% effaced and 4 cm dilated. She thought I would deliver by the end of the week, which was what I wanted to hear, but I didn't really believe it was going to happen. I had spent the entire month going from 1cm to 4cm, and I wanted to help things along. I looked up online how I could get the labor process started on my own. I drank red raspberry tea, bounced on my exercise ball, started to walk more and more, went up and down stairs at home (usually for Andrew). Nothing seemed to work. By the end of the week, I just decided not to worry so much about it all. The baby would come when the baby wanted to come, and it didn't matter what I did. I decided to relax about it and not stress out. I had another appointment on the 28th with Dr. M, but for some reason, I saw Dr. H again. This was really annoying. I knew that Dr. M was leaving the practice based on some reliable "hearsay", but I really wanted to hear it from her personally. I wanted her to ease my fears and worries about having to DO THIS without her. I wanted her to give Dr. H high praise to let me know I was in good hands. What happened instead? She completed avoided me and passed me off to Dr. H. I asked the secretary what was going on, and she was the one to tell me that Dr. M's last day was, in fact, that very same day. I was pissed. I told her that it wasn't very professional for her to avoid her patients, especially those being 9 months pregnant. All she said was that maybe Dr. M was busy and asked Dr. H to step in. I didn't buy that for a second. I know that she was too afraid/ashamed/something to face me herself. How weak!!! Anyway...at this visit, I weighed at 163.6 (yes, I could get bigger.) The heartrate was a steady 135, but I really wanted to be checked to see if things were progressing. I wasn't. I was still at 4cm and 90% effaced. All in all, it was a very disappointing visit and week.

No comments:

Post a Comment