Monday, October 1, 2012

Light at the end of the tunnel can be heaven or a speeding locomotive!

I don't know what I was expecting at today's doctor's appointment. I was having lots of pressure all day, but that wasn't so off from any other time. Andrew had a playdate with some of the other 2-year olds from the mom's group. It was at Cameron's house today, and all seemed okay. I didn't feel that I was having any contractions, but the pressure was there. Nothing major. Andrew and I went to my mom and dad's for lunch, since I was going to leave Andrew with my mom. I didn't want my doctor's appointment to interfere with his nap, so I thought I would let him rest there while I went to see the doctor. At 2pm, I started off with a surprise ultrasound. I didn't expect this since my ultrasounds are usually on Fridays. I was in luck, because my favorite tech, Kelly, was there that day. She told me that they needed to measure the baby. I guess I had completely forgot that they wanted to do this at 38 weeks. It was probably because I felt in my gut that I wouldn't still be pregnant at this time. I told Kelly that I didn't want to know, though I was smiling. I had no choice, and I was a bit curious. I just knew he was going to measure big, and I was a bit worried to hear what she found out.

No comments:

Post a Comment